Saturday, January 3, 2009

What do you do that's healthy?

This holiday season, I started making my own bath crystals, soap, and candles using essential oils instead of chemicals, perfumes, and harmful dyes. Bath crystals are quick and easy to make by mixing household items including sea salt, epsom salts, and around a tsp of baking soda with essential oils. If you desire color, just add some food coloring and/or oatmeal for a therapeutic bath. I like to use lavender for a relaxing bath in the evening. For an uplifting shower in the morning, I use my own home-made peppermint soap I made using Shea Butter. For an even more enhanced experience, I burn homemade soy candles scented with essential oils as well. When shopping for the best essential oils, you may want to start with the internet as all are not made equal.

1 comment:

  1. I try to avoid air fresheners because of the chemicals. I like to rely instead, on live plants for clean air.

    ReplyDelete